Thursday, January 20, 2011

M. A. G. Challenge #10

I discovered a new challenge, because of a comment left on my very first challenge. Thanks, Girlia!! This is really fun because you are required to limit your Cricut cuts to one page of one cartridge. Challenge #10 was page 69 of the Storybook cartridge. This was really hard for me. I started last Saturday and I had an idea of what I wanted to convey... the cut of the word "EVER" and the numeral 4 in front of it. I even thought about having 5 cuts of EVER and an ampersand between the 4th and last one (as in "4-ever & ever")I wasn't happy mixing stickers with the cuts or my own handwriting or even a computer generated font. Somehow, I ended up with a card that shows my indecision -- I used all three medias! So, yeah -- not my favorite. I debated whether to even post it and then I decided I could probably encourage A LOT of newbies to join in if they saw that perfection was NOT required!!




The aqua dot is a Heidi Swapp paper called "sing song". The white is from the SEI Poppy line. The pinks are Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby. The computer font is Storybook and it very closely matches the Cricut cartridge.

4 comments:

  1. Looks good to me :) This was my first time to ever post for a challenge too and I did the idea you wanted with a 4 - ever...I used a stencil (pen marks showing a bit...yikes) on some chipboard for my 4. I am goign to try to the bear challenge from cricut cardz too, so we will see. Looks like we will be seeing a bit of each other around the crafting scene :) Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job, thanks for joining us at MAG Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so welcome. I am so glad that you decided to join at MAG this week. Believe me we also are challenged, but our motto is every card is perfect because its made by hand. I love the card!! Great Job

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice card to give to someone? You did a fabulous job with our challenge, thanks so much for joining M.A.G. Challenge by the page!

    ReplyDelete